Thursday, February 18, 2010

...Thoughts...

Let me preface this blog by saying that this will not be one of my best blogs, lyrically speaking. This is merely my thoughts written out. Like I've said before, I find release in just writing out my thoughts, blessings, and lessons learned :) This blog is more for me than it is for anyone else. I'm not out to preach or offer some great epiphany to anyone because I earnestly believe that what God tells me, He can and will tell the next person that just makes their ears available to hear from Him. With that said, here are some of my thoughts for today....


"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all of His benefits." -Psalm 103:2 (KJV)

This verse has been on my heart for the past few days. I came across this verse for the first time during a bible study I was doing with my aunt's church a few months ago. The other day God brought this verse back to my remembrance- when I wanted to feel bad for myself. Then today, my mom sent it to me in an email. God has really been reminding me not to forget His blessings.

Often times it is so easy to look at the bad or the negative. I try to stay positive, at least outwardly in my speech. But quite frankly, I can be quite the pessimist. And oh how God rebukes me when I do! He says "Praise Me! And don't forget a single blessing!"

It is so easy to see bill after bill flowing in with no way to pay them (or at best limited resources to pay them) and to see our life not fitting into the pattern we had expected. But then God says, did you eat today? did you have something to drink today? what about clothes- didn't you have something to wear? I never told you I would give you the wealth of this world, but that I would supply your needs. Now Stephanie, haven't they been met? Praise Me! And don't forget about all of My benefits!

So my point in all of this, when life seems to bog you down and you are finding it easy to complain & think on the negative things- Praise God! Praising God in and of itself will lift your spirits, but that's not all- don't forget His benefits. God has more benefits than we can even begin to wrap our mind around; Praise God that we (the redeemed, His children) are the beneficiaries!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment